Now that game was ridiculous was it not? You essentially went from child to child accusing them of having stolen this alleged cookie from the cookie jar. Frankly I didn’t think we had that much evidence to work with. There were never any cookies, no cookie crumbs. There was no jar. It was a witch-hunt; all of us yelling this accusation at each other. But here’s the part that always got me. Rather than vehemently object, the kid in question would respond with shock.
"Bernard stole the cookie from the cookie jar!!!!!"
"Who me?"
No the other Bernard in the group. "Yes you!"
And then he’d say…
"Couldn’t be."
Hold the phone here. Couldn’t be? Why? I wanted to ask… Why couldn’t it be you Bernard? Were you physically impaired in some way that would’ve prevented you from removing said cookie from the cookie jar? I’m guessing, by the way you were running around at recess, probably not. So yes little Bernard, it in fact could have been you.
But we let him slide, didn't we folks… Not only that, but we then gave him the opportunity to cast blame on some other unsuspecting kid.
So, the next someone wants to vent to me about why people today don’t want to take responsibility for their actions, I’m going to remind them of a little game we used to play called Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar…
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
reading your whipped cream post with your cookie post makes me want dessert. i'm going to go bake some walnut cookies now.
August 19th was your last post..it is now September 1st. My newspaper doesn't take 2 weeks to come out with a new issue, so why should my favorite blog take that long? I know you have a job and are working on your MBA, but seriously consider what's really important here. Your future, or my entertainment?
Post a Comment